Community Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Moving into Connection with Silvia Giovannoni and Xoli Fulyani (July 2020)

July 21, 2020

Moving into Connection: A Movement Workshop with Silvia Giovannoni and Xoli Fulyani

With many of us moving beyond the 100th day of social isolation, what role does movement play in our lives? And in the way we interact with online groups? Join Rio de Janeiro-based movement practitioner Silvia Giovannoni, and South Africa-based environmental educator Xoli Fulyani, for a movement session designed to explore how movement can help shift our emotional state, foster connection, presence and insight. After the movement session Silvia will lead a discussion on ways to bring movement into your own life and into your work with groups.

Resources from this workshop.

Workshop outline - SLIDES

Song list from today's workshop:

• Águas de Março - by Elis Regina and Antônio Carlos Jobim
  • Lua de São Jorge (Remixed Original) - by Caetano Veloso
  • Andar com Fé - by Gilberto Gil
  • Connected - by Stereo MC'sBeam me Up - by Midnight Magic
  • Dunya Salam - by Baaba MaalI Don't Look Like Her - by Daisy Clark
  • Akh Lad Jaava (From "Loveyatri") - by Badshah, Asees Kaur, Jubin Nautiyal, Tanishk Bagchi
  • Gwara Nao Para - by ASSI, BM
  • Hey Hey Hey - by QUICKSOUND, Alpha Yaya Diallo
  • The Cello Song - by The Piano Guys
  • Sankrit Touch - by Benny Bernstein
This topic was modified 5 months ago by Susan Janow
Topic starter Posted : 21/07/2020 12:11 pm
isha
 isha
(@isha)

Hello! Thank you for this workshop. It was really great. I would really appreciate if you could post AEIOU warm up steps and meaning of each one. I really connected to it but forgot the steps 🙁

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/09/2020 12:48 am
sgiovannoni
(@sgiovannoni)

@isha - So here is a summary of the A E I O U. It´s a great all-rounder warm-up. 

The A: stretch both arms up to the sky, acknowledging there is something greater in the universe ans saying the vowel sound A!

The E: Taking a step forward, opening your arms out to the side. The meaning is establishing yourself, affirming your presence in the Universe. And saying the vowel sound E

The I: Hug yourself and round your spine, its a lovely back stretch and the meaning is the importance of knowing yourself, your internal space. Saying the vowel sound I

The O: is circles with your hips. The meaning is the importance of being flexible, adaptable, moving with changes in the world. Saying the vowel sound O

The U: Once all the previous steps are done, you can take action. And stomp your feet, saying the vowel sound U.

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes if you lead it! All the best, Silvia. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/09/2020 1:48 pm
isha
 isha
(@isha)

@sgiovannoni Thank you so much! This really helps. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/09/2020 10:40 pm