Paper and crayons, markers, or oil pastels.
- Break into partners. Sit together and decide who will be (A) and who will be (B).
- (A) speaks for five minutes about something that brings them joy. If they run out of things to say, they may choose something else that brings them joy, but encourage them to describe, not just list. (B) listens closely, with ears, eyes, and heart.
- Switch places so (B) talks about something that brings them joy.
- Everyone now makes a quick drawing of how they felt when they were listening to their partner. They are not to draw the activity their partner described; just the feelings they had while listening.
- Have each pair share their drawings with one another, and then with the group.