Newspapers, magazines, or a discarded book; markers or pens.
- Give each person a page of a newspaper, a magazine article, or a few pages from a discarded book.
- Ask them to read the article, and look for the words that stand out for any reason. Make a small dot beside the words.
- They then read over the dotted words and look for any other words that might connect them to form a poem.
- Cross out all or the other words on the page. Make sure they are completely blocked out so only the chosen words can be read.
- Share the new found poems.
Facilitation note: You can find lots of examples of Erasures by doing on online search.