The Art of Facilitation Training for King County is a six-day experiential training designed to increase effectiveness in leading groups and working with cross-racial teams. The training combines skills in group facilitation, communication, and presentation with self-development and resilience building. The learned skills are transferable across all areas of work at King County.
the TRAINING OUTLINE
- Day 1: Community Building and Listening Skills
- Day 2: Visioning, developing goals for a program, and meeting structure
- Day 3: Working with triggers; resiliency and wellness practices
- Day 4: Feedback, Strength-Based Facilitation, Personal Presence and Leading Activities
- Day 5: Facilitation Styles, Exploring our Strengths, and Redirecting Conversations
- Day 6: Completion; Making Requests; Personal Evaluation and Action Plans
the Training REQUIREMENTS
- Be sure to come prepared with writing materials and art supplies such as blank paper, crayons, colored pencils, markers, and/or oil pastels.
- Prior to joining the first session, update your Zoom app and review the Online Training Guide.
- Plan to join 5 minutes prior to the scheduled start time to get oriented.
- Participate from a quiet and distraction free space with a bit of room to move around.
- To maximize group cohesion and maximize the benefit of the training, we expect participants to attend all training sessions for the entire duration. For exceptions, please communicate with John Eklof – firstname.lastname@example.org.