In order to fully participate in an online training with PYE, it is important to come prepared with the following technical requirements, as well to understand how to prepare for the best interactive online experience. When you register you will commit to coming prepared with everything you need to fully participate.
Our online experiential trainings require that participants create spaciousness for themselves around the start and end times of the training in order to prepare, ground, process and reflect. This will support you in receiving the full benefit of the program.
In order to participate fully, and to allow for the highest level of connectivity, you will need to have the following:
- Laptop or desktop computer. Our trainings assume that each participant is joining on a desktop or laptop computer as the Zoom functionality is different for tablets and mobile devices. Our instructions throughout the training will be for how to use the Zoom features on desktop devices. Also, for the purposes of the training, a computer or laptop monitor will enable you to better see and engage with the workshop content, as well as with the other participants. It is also ideal to have a device with a physical keyboard.
- Zoom Desktop Client. Be sure that you have the latest Zoom desktop client installed in order to fully participate in all of the activities. Download Zoom: zoom.us/download
- Zoom account. Create an account for yourself with Zoom if you do not already have one.
- Webcam, speakers, and microphone. Mostly likely your device has these elements built in and ready to use. Make sure that they are working properly on your device and on Zoom.
- WiFi. When possible, connect to the internet with a physical cable connection, not just Wi-Fi. This will give you much greater speed and service.
- Power Source. Make sure that your device has power for the duration of the workshop.
TIPS FOR THE BEST INTERACTIVE ONLINE EXPERIENCE
- Space. A quiet and distraction free space to work in with a bit of room for some physical activities.
- Lighting. Make sure you have a stronger source of light in front of you than behind you, too much light behind you and you will appear as a silhouette.
- Headset. A headset will greatly reduce the chance for feedback and improve your voice quality. Headsets that connect via USB are the best choice.
- Location. Wind and background noise makes your device’s microphone adjust and your voice may sound muffled. Also, don’t have anything behind you that may be distracting to those who are on the other side.
- Close Other Applications. This will maximize processing power of your device to improve the quality of your Zoom session.