We at Partners for Youth Empowerment are committed to protecting your privacy. We take all reasonable precautions to ensure the information you provide or share with us is treated responsibly, ethically and securely.
What personal information we collect:
You are free to explore the website without providing any Personal Information about yourself. When you register for a training, make a donation or sign up for the newsletter, we request that you provide Personal Information about yourself, and we collect Navigational Information.
What is considered “Personal Information”?
This refers to any information that you voluntarily submit to us and that identifies you personally, including contact information, such as your name, e-mail address, company name, address, phone number, and other information about yourself or your organization. Personal Information can also include information about any transactions, both free and paid, that you enter into on the Websites, and information about you that is available on the internet, such as from Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google, or publicly available information that we acquire from service providers.
Personal Information also includes Navigational Information or Payment Information where such information can directly or indirectly identify an individual. Navigational information refers to information about your computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and pages viewed. Please see the “Navigation Information” section below. Payment information includes We collect and process payment information from you when you register for a training or make a donation, including credit cards numbers and billing information, using third party PCI-compliant service providers. Except for this, we do not collect Sensitive Information from you.
Financial information is only used to invoice you for donations made or training fees. We do not store any details of your credit card or other online payment method.
Your contact information is used to contact you for customer service reasons, when necessary. Unique identifiers, such as your name or email address are used to verify your identity and for use as account numbers in our record system. You are not obliged to share any personal information with us.
When is Your Information Collected?
You provide personal information to us when you register for a training event, sign up for our e-mail newsletter, give us your business card or contact details at a networking event, visit our website or contact us.
- Newsletter -For the latest news about Partners for Youth Empowerment and our training tips, upcoming events and fundraising campaigns you can choose to subscribe to our free newsletter using your e-mail address. To unsubscribe, follow the simple instructions at the bottom of each newsletter.
- Registering for a training event – You provide address and financial information whenever you register for a training event. Partners for Youth Empowerment does not store any details of your credit card information.
- Registering for membership to the Community Forum – In order to become a member, you provide your email address and username. All other information collected in your user profile is voluntary and is accessible by all other forum members.
- Credit Card Information Storage – Partners for Youth Empowerment uses PayPal for its online transactions. PayPal are leading providers of payment solutions whose software, systems and procedures have been assessed and certified to PCI Data Security Standards. Through PayPal, Partners for Youth Empowerment does not have access to your card number as this credit card payment is secured by PayPal. Credit card information is encrypted and stored in a system completely isolated from PayPal. At no time is unencrypted card data stored on disk either inside PayPal’s system or in the card storage system. Internally card information is referenced only through the use of a token. The token is not derived from card information in any way. Visit the PayPal websites for more information on online credit card payments.
- Email – If you contact us we will keep a copy of the email that you send us in order to keep a record of communications between us.
How is Your Information Shared?
- We respect your privacy and do not engage in unsolicited telephone or e-mail marketing. Any personal information we collect about you will be used so that we can provide you with the services that you have requested, or so we can carry out our work. This includes the, statistical analysis of activities, interests and preferences and for marketing purposes.
- We will not disclose personal information without your consent, unless required or authorised by law, or for another purpose (related to the primary purpose of collecting that information) that you would reasonably expect.
- We may use or disclose your personal information to organisations outside Partners for Youth Empowerment, Such organisations include: service providers that manage the services provided to you; mailing systems which organise delivery of the products you have purchased; market research companies; marketing activities conducted by Partners for Youth Empowerment or any of our related companies; and our professional advisers, accountants, lawyers, auditors. We require these organisations to adhere to strict confidentiality about your personal information, to use the information for only the relevant purposes, and we seek to ensure that they adhere to legal requirements. We may otherwise use or disclose your personal information with your consent (or if we have given you notification of the intended use or disclosure and you have not objected to that use or disclosure) or where required or authorised by law, which may include: emergency situations and assisting law enforcement agencies, accessing and updating your personal information. Where we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce any legal rights we may have, or is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of us, our customers, or others.
Access Your Personal Information
- If you need to access or correct any personal information we hold about you, please contact us and provide as much detail as possible about the particular information you seek, so we can retrieve it. We rely on you to advise us of any changes or updates to the information we hold.
Securing and Storing Your Personal Information
- Personal information is stored electronically on our computer system. We use a variety of security measures to maintain the safety and integrity of the information. We are committed to maintaining the confidentiality of the information that you provide us and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from unauthorized use or alteration.
- Firewalls, anti-virus software and email filters, as well as passwords, protect all our electronic information. All user contact information is contained behind a “firewall” and only accessible by a limited number of employees who have special access rights to production systems.
General Privacy Information
- Our website may contain links to websites of partners, advertisers and third parties. Those sites may collect personal information under the terms of their privacy policies independent of Partners for Youth Empowerment. We have no responsibility for the content or operation of those websites and Partners for Youth Empowerment is not responsible for matters arising from their use. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot warrant the security of information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password and/or any account information.
To ‘Unsubscribe’ From Our Communications
- You may unsubscribe from our marketing communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our e-mails, updating your communication preferences.
For more information or to make a complaint