Partners for Youth Empowerment employs a sliding scale as a tool to promote economic justice and provide access to all.
The following payscale is intended to be a map, inviting each one of us to take inventory of our financial resources and look deeper at our levels of privilege or systemic barriers. It is a way to challenge the classist and capitalistic society we live in and work towards economic justice as a community. The goal is to create an organization where everyone is able to participate and the organizers are compensated fairly.
We ask that you be honest with yourself and your financial situation. Please read our sliding scale policy above. If you select a purchase price at the lowest end of the scale when you could afford a higher purchase price, it makes it harder for us to provide financial flexibility to those who need it most.
If more then a 50% discount is required to make PYE training accessible to you, consider applying for a Scholarship.
This is the actual cost of the class. With this ticket you are acknowledging your relative economic privilege in this world.
For those who are able to meet their basic needs but have little-to-no expendable income. Paying for this class may qualify as a sacrifice but it would not create hardship.
For those who struggle to meet basic needs and paying for this class would still be a significant hardship.
FULL PRICE | Consider paying at this level if you and/or your family has:
- the ability to comfortably meet all of your basic needs.
- investments, retirement accounts, or inherited money.
- regular access to healthcare and health insurance.
- providers who are employed or do not need to work to meet the families needs.
- ownership of your home and a vehicle.
- the resources to take an annual vacation or time off from work.
25% DISCOUNT | Consider paying at this level if you and/or your family has:
- the ability to meet all of our basic needs.
- the ability to pay all essential monthly bills and loans.
- access to healthcare, and employer health insurance and/or other employer benefits.
- reliable housing and transportation.
- providers who have reliable employment.
- the resources to take a vacation every few years without financial burden.
50% DISCOUNT | Consider paying at this level if you and/or your family has:
- difficulty covering basic expenses.
- significant debt that prevents basic needs from being met.
- medical care, bills and/or expenses not covered by insurance.
- unstable housing and/or limited access to reliable transportation.
- a provider who is unemployed or under-employed.
- eligibility for public assistance including food stamps, health care and/or subsidized/free school lunches.
- not taken a vacation or time off due to the financial burden.
This is based on the ‘Green Bottle’ sliding scale model by Alexis J. Cunningfolk | www.wortsandcunning.com